Welcome!

United Way of the National Capital Area is working with local partners to address the many needs of residents in our region. "Living United in our Nation's Capital" is a forum where United Way NCA and the community can discuss this critical work and express opinions about events and important local issues.







Jun 16, 2010

Young Leaders Connect

by Andre Francis, Young Leaders Chair

Today, I attended one of our Young Leaders Connect events at On the Border - Mexican Grill. As usual, I saw a lot of new and familiar faces. I was able to catch up with fellow Young Leaders and speak with guests about the awesome things we're currently and planning on doing. The atmosphere was very laid back. In other words there were no "keynote speakers," so it was completely a no pressure vibe.

I have to give a round of applause to the cooks at On the Border. The food was absolutely amazing! I must've had 10 toquitos and 10 wings easily. I was even able to take some home because there was a fair amount left over. I'm sure you can imagine my excitement at the time...lol!

I can't wait to "pig out" at the next Young Leaders Connect event! I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Until next time,

Andre Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment